Serpentine.yoga is a site created by the registered company SERPENTINE LLC in the United Arab Emirates. Located at Burj Khalida Boulevard, Downtown, Dubai, UAE.
We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protecting your personal data at all times.
How we collect data
There are a variety of ways in which we receive and collect data. You can see a detailed explanation of these methods below.
We may receive data when you fill out forms, correspond with us by post, email, phone, via chat, and through social media. This may include data you provide when you:
- sign up for our newsletter
- make enquiries online or request information to be sent to you
- make an account on our site
- order products from Serpentine
- ask for direct marketing to be sent to you or permit this
- participate in our online forum
- use a ‘refer a friend’ function
- contact us or engage on social media
- enter a promotion or competition
- get in contact with customer services
Note that we may automatically collect data about your browsing actions, hardware, software, and patterns when you interact with us via the Serpentine site or when you click one of our adverts. These promotions may be shown on third-party web pages or via social media.
Types of personal data we collect
Within this policy, the terms ‘personal data’ or ‘personal information, mean any information about an individual from which they can be identified. Note that it does not include data where the identity of the individual has been removed or is anonymous.
At Serpentine, we collect a variety of personal data about our visitors and customers on the website. This information falls into the following categories:
- Identity Data. This may include gender, title, first name, maiden name, last name, username (or similar identifier), date of birth, login details (password). Should you engage with us on social media, this may include your social media username.
- Contact Data. This may include your delivery address, billing address, telephone numbers, and/or email address.
- Profile Data. This may include your username and password as well as any orders made by you previously, your interests, feedback you have given, and profile data which we have added to the site. For example, we may use analytics and profiling.
- Transaction Data. This may include details of payments to and from you as a customer as well as details of the products and services you have purchased from Serpentine.
- Usage Data. This may include information about how you use our website, products, services, and any of the content that you publish on the forum.
- Technical Data. This may include your login data, your internet protocol (IP), your browser type and version, time zone and location, plug-ins and versions, platform, operating system, and any other technology or devices you are using on the site.
- Tracking Data. This may include information we or others collect about you using tracking technologies and cookies. These technologies could include mobile identifiers, pixels, and web beacons.
- Marketing and Communications Data. This may include your chosen preferences when it comes to receiving promotions and direct marketing from us at Serpentine. It may also include your chosen communication preferences.
How and why we use your personal dataAt Serpentine, we only use your personal data in alignment with the law. We most commonly use it in the following situations:
- If we need to perform the contract we are entering into or have entered into with you. For instance, should you purchase products from Serpentine, we enter into a contract for us to supply you with the products.
- In cases where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or third-party interests) and your interests, providing that fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, we may use this data as part of fraud screening at the checkout of our shop or to keep the website entirely secure.
- In instances when we need to comply with a regulatory obligation or the law. For example, we need to keep records of all our sales due to tax compliance reasons.
Most web browser versions automatically accept cookies when you visit a website. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent this from happening. Should you choose to reject the cookies, you can still visit the Serpentine site. In this case, some of your ability and areas, such as features and functions, may be limited.
The Serpentine site may include links to third-party sites, external applications, and plug-ins. Clicking on these links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect and share data about you. We have no control over these third-party sites and assume no responsibility for them or their privacy statements. When you leave the Serpentine site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of the external websites you visit.
Notification of change
Do not sell my personal information
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
The effective date of the latest Amendment is January 2023.